Dell Networking N2024 Switch
Streamline your network connections
Our Price: $1,610.00
Dell Networking N2000 is a series of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. N2000 switches utilize a comprehensive enterprise-class Layer 2+ feature set, deliver consistent, simplified management and offer high-availability device and network design.
The N2000 switch series offers a power-efficient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) network-access switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks. The N2000 switch series has high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance, utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. The switches offer simple management and scalability via an 84Gbps (full-duplex) highavailability stacking architecture that allows management of up to 12 switches from a single IP address.
An integrated 80PLUS-certified power supply and features such as Energy-Efficient Ethernet and short cable detection provide energy efficiency to help decrease power and cooling costs.
Modernize campus network architectures
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). Select N2000 models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, all N-Series switches offer the latest open-standard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP. Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multi-chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG). All N-Series switches support MLAG to create active/active loopfree redundancy without spanning tree.The N2000 series is also fully tested and validated to work with Dell EqualLogic™ PS-Series storage arrays.*
Leverage familiar tools and practices
All N-Series switches include Dell Networking OS 6, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. This allows network administrators to maintain consistent configurations by running one OS release across all N-Series products. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key.
Deploy with confidence at any scale
N2000 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 220Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 164Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 600 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability. N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables purchased with the switch.
Upgrade your network
N-Series is a family of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE and 10GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. The Dell Networking N2000 Series offers enhanced, high-availability Layer 2 Ethernet switches with basic Layer 3 routing functionality (Layer 2+) that:
Deliver clean power to network devices with PoE+ support
The Dell Networking N2000 Series has options for up to 48 ports of Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+). This allows you to attach devices with high power requirements (up to 30.8 watts) without running a separate power cable. PoE+ is particularly useful in older buildings where installing power to multiple, widespread locations can be prohibitively expensive.
Designed for efficiency
Built to help keep operating costs down, the N2000 Series can operate at temperatures up to 113°F (45°C) to help reduce cooling costs. Features designed to improve overall efficiency include:
- 80PLUS-certified efficient integrated power supply
- Redundant variable-speed cooling fans
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and low-power PHYs to help reduce power to inactive ports and idle links
Advanced feature set to simplify management
The Dell Networking N2000 Series is designed for easy deployment, outstanding interoperability and a low learning curve for network administrators. A single OS release (Dell Networking OS 6) allows you to maintain consistent configurations across all N-Series products with a comprehensive feature set that includes:
- One common command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) that use a well-known command language to help skilled network administrators become productive quickly
- USB auto-configuration that helps network administrators rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key
- A variety of enterprise-class features with familiar and intuitive configuration and management commands
- The latest open-standard protocols and smart integration technologies to help make smoothly operating multi-vendor networks possible
Hardware, performance and efficiency
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE RJ-45 ports and two integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Support for 24 ports of PoE+ in 1RU or up to 48 ports of PoE+ with an optional external power supply.
- Up to 600 1GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, highavailability in IDFs, MDFs and wiring closets.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
Deploying, configuring and managing
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline.
- Interfaces with RPVST+ protocol for greater flexibility and interoperability in Cisco networks.
- Advanced Layer 2+ IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including static routing and Routing Information Protocol support.
- Policy based forwarding provides access control for all packets that are bridged within a VLAN or that are routed into or out of a VLAN.
- Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) monitors ports across a Layer 2 domain without costly dedicated network taps.
Dell Networking N2000 Series:
|Dell Networking Products|
|Dell Networking N2000 Series 1GbE Layer 2 Switches|
Dell Networking N2024
Dell Networking N2024P
Dell Networking N2048
Dell Networking N2048P
RFC compliance and additional features
Layer 3 functionality
|Quality of service
Network management and security
Regulatory, environment and other compliance
Safety and emissions
Certifications (available or coming soon)
Download the Dell Networking N2000 Series Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $1,610.00