Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone
Purpose-built nonstop networking
Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones are the industry’s most reliable, scalable, and high-performance Gen 5 Fibre Channel switching infrastructure for mission-critical storage. They are designed to increase business agility while providing non-stop access to information and reducing infrastructure and administrative costs.
Networks need to evolve in order to support the growing demands of highly virtualized environments, new flash-based storage, and private cloud architectures. Fibre Channel, the de facto standard for storage networking, is evolving with the data center. Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones with Gen 5 Fibre Channel deliver a new level of scalability and advanced capabilities to this robust, reliable, and highperformance technology. This enables organizations to continue leveraging their existing IT investments as they grow their businesses. In addition, they can consolidate their Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructures to simplify management and reduce operating costs.
Maximum Flexibility and Reliability
Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones are available in two modular form factors. Built for large enterprise networks, the 14U Brocade DCX 8510-8 has eight vertical blade slots to provide up to 512 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports. Built for midsize networks, the 8U Brocade DCX 8510-4 has four horizontal blade slots to provide up to 256 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports. The Brocade DCX 8510 family supports 2, 4, 8, 10, and 16 Gbps Fibre Channel, FICON®, and 1/10 Gbps Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP).
To help minimize downtime costs, Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones build upon years of innovation and leverage the core technology of Brocade systems performing at greater than 99.999 percent uptime in the world’s most demanding data centers.
Experience nonstop connectivity designed to provide efficient and reliable end-to-end SAN communications.Confirm uninterrupted network service with dynamic fabric provisioning.
- Helps eliminate fabric reconfiguration when adding or replacing servers.
- Reduces the need for zone modification and logical unit number (LUN) masking.
- Allows devices to be moved within a switch, such as migrating virtual World Wide Names (WWNs), with a simple move command.
Help safeguard fabric link-level integrity with end-to-end optics and link validation.
- Identify and isolate optics and cable problems faster.
- Non-intrusively verify transceiver and cable health through electrical and optical tests, cable health checks, digital diagnostics and more.
Help ensure predictable application performance over links with granular latency and distance measurements and application-level I/O profile simulations.
- Maximizes performance for I/O and bandwidth-intensive applications with unmatched scalability, performance, and reliability
- Utilizes Brocade UltraScale chassis connectivity for simpler, flatter, low-latency fabrics
- Optimizes data center connectivity over distance with integrated highperformance metro and global connectivity
- Leverages Brocade Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs
- Helps pinpoint problems faster and simplify SAN configuration and management with customizable Brocade Network Advisor health and performance dashboards
Specifications:Legend: S — Standard, OA — Option Available, N — Not Available
|Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone Specifications|
Width: 43.74 cm (17.22 in.)
Height: 35.00 cm (13.78 in., 8U) plus 4.37 cm exhaust shelf (1.72 in, 1U)
Depth without door: 61.19 cm (24.09 in.)
Depth with door: 73.20 cm (28.82 in.)
Brocade DCX 8510-8
103.50 kg (228.20 lb) for 384-port configuration fully populated
39.55 kg (82.20 lb) for chassis Brocade DCX 8510-4
68.04 kg (150.00 lb) for 192-port configuration fully populated
25.76 kg (56.80 lb) for chassis
Environmental Operating Conditions
4.3 metric tonnes per year (with 256 ports at 0.42 kg/kWh)
1.04 kg per Gbps per year
Maximum: 42 CFM
Nominal (65% speed): 35 CFM
Brocade DCX 8510-8
Min: 32-port configuration (no QSFP), 873 W, 2982 BTU/hr
Max: 384-port configuration (fully-loaded w/QSFPs), 2242 W, 7654 BTU/hr
Brocade DCX 8510-4
Min: 32-port configuration (no QSFP), 618 W, 2111 BTU/hr
Max: 192-port configuration (fully-loaded w/QSFPs), 1195 W, 4078 BTU/hr
Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring (APM) (including Top Talkers for E_Ports, F_Ports, and Fabric mode); Brocade Adaptive Networking (Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, QoS); Bottleneck Detection; Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning); Dynamic Fabric Provisioning (DFP); Dynamic Path Selection (DPS); Brocade Extended Fabrics; Enhanced BB credit recovery; Brocade Fabric Watch; FDMI; Frame Redirection; Frame-based Trunking; FSPF; Integrated Routing; IPoFC; Brocade ISL Trunking; Management Server; NPIV; NTP v3; Port Fencing; Registered State Change Notification (RSCN); Reliable Commit Service (RCS); Brocade Server Application Optimization (SAO); Simple Name Server (SNS); Virtual Fabrics (Logical Switch, Logical Fabric
Fibre Channel ports
Single chassis: Up to 384 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 192 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 16 Gbps universal (E, F, D, M, and EX) Fibre Channel ports using up to eight 32-, or 48-port Fibre Channel blades. Up to 512 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 256 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 8 Gbps universal (E, F, D, M, and EX) Fibre Channel ports using 64-port 8 Gbps Fibre Channel blades.
16 Gbps: Brocade FC16-32 and -48 require Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; 16 Gbps SWL, LWL
Fibre Channel: Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
D_Port (Diagnostic Port), E_Port, EX_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); optional port type control
Maximum: 350 watts
Download the Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone Spec Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.