Dell Networking 3548P
Management, security, fast ethernet layer 2 switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The Networking™ 3548P switches provide robust security, resilient stacking, and enterprise-class management features which are ideal for edge of network applications requiring speed, availability and management.High-performance, Fast Ethernet solution
- High-performance, 48 port Fast Ethernet wire-speed solution which is ideal for resilient stacking, cost-effective wiring closet solutions, desktop connectivity and high-speed network backbone traffic aggregation.
- Secure switching using edge authentication via 802.1x, private VLANs, Voice VLANs, Protocol VLANs, and SNMPv3. Robust security capabilities provided through flow-based. IP, and MAC ACLs, port-based MAC security, RADIUS and TACACS+ remote authentication, SSL/SSH encryption, and IP-based management access filtering.
- Supports open industry standards including advanced Quality of Service (L2, L3-aware), Multiple Spanning Trees, SNTP and IP multicast support, Dynamic Link Aggregation (LACP), dynamic VLAN configurations, port mirroring and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Versatile remote management uses an industry-standard CLI, an embedded web interface or an SNMP-based management application.
- Virtual Cable Tester™ by Marvell for diagnosing copper connectivity and detecting problems and fibre transceiver diagnostics for troubleshooting transceiver problems.
Networking™ switches not only provide the quality, reliability and capability you expect from Dell™, but also the peace of mind that guarantees hardware for life — a true Lifetime Warranty
Dell Networking 3500 Series
Dell™ Networking™ 3500 series are stackable Fast Ethernet switches offering advanced management and security features for high-performance workgroup connectivity.
The Networking 3500 series is a family of 24-and 48-port Fast Ethernet Layer 2 switches. These Layer 2 switches deliver resilient stacking, advanced security, enterprise-class management features and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE, 3524P and 3548P only), as well as deliver impressive switching capacities of up to 12.8 Gbps (3524 and 3524P) and 17.6 Gbps (3548 and 3548P). The 3500 series can be deployed in a wide number of different network deployment scenarios, including Fast Ethernet edge client connectivity and wiring closet deploymets. Each rack-mountable switch is 1U high and delivers a high-performance rack-dense switching solution.
Easy, powerful management
Networking 3500 series switches support a number of industry-standard management interfaces such as web-based management, Command Line Interface (CLI), LLDP, LLDP-MED, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP v1/v2c/v3). For large network environments, Dell’s OpenManage™ Network Manager provides management control to help configure large numbers of deployed switches more easily. This powerful application is included at no additional charge with our managed switches and provides one-to-many configuration changes, trap/event monitoring, network discovery, and many other features to assist you in managing your network.
Advanced security features of Networking 3500 series switches help protect the network from accidental or malicious interference. The switches’ IP and MAC-based Access Control Lists (ACLs) are designed to prevent unauthorized MAC addresses from accessing the network. SNMPv3, SSL, and SSH encryption offer the added security of encrypting switch management traffic. RADIUS and TACACS+ support enables centralized, remote authentication of administrative access to the switch. Edge authentication using IEEE 802.1x provides a meaningful security solution which is centralized and easier to manage than standard ACLs. The 3500 series also supports DHCP snooping.
Advanced switching features
The Networking 3524 and 3548 switches support a variety of standards-based advanced switching features, allowing a network administrator to optimize traffic flow in the network. Up to 256 VLANs are supported, as well as the IEEE 802.1p protocol to prioritize traffic based upon Layer 2 and Layer 3 information. Other advanced features include port mirroring, dynamic link aggregation (LACP), SMTP, and dedicated voice VLAN support for voice-centric environments.
The Networking 3524P and 3548P offer
Power-over-Ethernet capabilities to power IEEE 802.3af compliant network-attached devices, such as wireless LAN access points, VoIP handsets, and video cameras. Both switches can provide up to 15.4W of power per port simultaneously for PoE operation (the EPS-470 extended power supply is required for the Networking 3548P).
The Networking 3500 series offers high availability features to meet enterprise networking needs such as resilient stacking that can help the network survive a switch failure within the stack. Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol support help reduce network setup time and improve network availability.