Dell Networking 8132
Optimize enterprise efficiency
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Scalable high density, Layer 3 10/40Gb Ethernet switches for aggregation and core switching in a compact 1U form factor.
The Dell Networking 8100 10-Gigabit Ethernet switches are high-density Layer 3 core and aggregation switches engineered to deliver unprecedented performance, and accelerate workloads in demanding campus and business environments. Purpose-built to deliver advanced functionality and energy-efficient operation for small and large enterprises, these switches feature high density up to 384 10-Gigabit ports, 40GbE uplinks, High Availability (HA) stacking and simplifi ed manageability.
Purpose-built for next generation campus environments
The Networking 8100 Series are line-rate, high density 10/40Gb Ethernet switches designed for Enterprise campus and mid-market core and aggregation deployments requiring high throughput and availability. These high density 24-port and 48-port 10Gb switches are ready for converged Ethernet environments supporting virtualization, iSCSI storage, and 10Gb traffic aggregation. Together with the Networking 1 GbE switch portfolio, the 8100 switches enable a campus fabric composed of 1 and 10GbE ports off ering full routing functionality. Up to six switches can be stacked and managed with a single IP address to deliver network performance and resiliency for enterprise networks.
Enabling network convergence
The Networking 8100 Series support converged fabric requirements for SAN and LAN networks with loss-less operation for iSCSI environments with DCB (Data Center Bridging). iSCSI traffic can also be monitored at the fabric level, allowing the administrator to track active iSCSI sessions. In addition, these switches deliver simplifi ed connectivity with DellequalLogic™ arrays. The iSCSI Auto-Confi guration feature automatically detects the arrays and confi gures the switch for optimal throughput. This feature is enabled by default, streamlining the process to just connecting a cable.
10 Gb performance and high availability
The Networking 8100 Series brings the benefi ts of 10 and 40Gb Ethernet to a compact and reliable switching platform, with the quality and great service of Dell. Operating at wire speed, the 8100 switches can deliver up to 960 Mpps throughput and a data rate of up to 1.2Tbps (full duplex) for both Layer 2 and Layer 3 environments for wire-speed 10Gb and 40Gb Switching.
The Networking 8100 Series is designed for non-stop networking with high availability stacking, 10- and 40GbE capabilities, dual hot-swap, redundant power supplies, and removable fan modules. Up to 384 10GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture, and the entire stack can be redundantly linked back to the rest of the network at 40Gb via the QSFP+ stacking ports.
Fast stack failover enables sub-50ms failover scenarios within the same stack. These switches also incorporate dual fi rmware images to allow for image promotions or image redundancy in a network.
Other key features
- Up to 64 10GbE ports of copper or fi ber with module options in a 1RU form factor
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack confi gurations
- Converged network support for DCB, with Priority Flow Control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx, iSCSI TLV Support
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing, including OSPFv1/2/3 and routing enhancements
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support
- Unidirectional Link Detection (UDLD) support
- AAA Authorization, TACACS+ Accounting, and RADIUS Support for comprehensive secure access support
- Pre-defi ned Administrative profi les/roles for switch access to management functions
- USB auto-confi guration rapidly deploys the switches in minutes without setting up complex TFTP confi gurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Manage via a standard command line interface (CLI), embedded Web server, third party SNMP-based management console applications (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet, or serial connections.
- Designed to be easy on campus budgets with energy savings from the power cord to the ports
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) ports reduce per port power consumption when link is idle or if ports are inactive
- Efficient power supplies and multi-speed fan operation help decrease cooling and power costs Tool-less Enterprise ReadyRails™ mounting kits reduces time and resources for switch rack installation
- Operation in environments up to 50°C, helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments Lifetime Warranty* Select Networking switches are backed a Lifetime Limited Warranty with Basic Hardware (repair or replacement) for life. Details at Dell.com/LifetimeWarranty