Brocade M5424 Fibre Channel Blade Switch
Brocade switching technology integrated with Dell M1000e blade architecture
The Brocade M5424 is a flexible platform that delivers advanced functionality, performance, manageability, scalability and security.
- Ideal for larger storage area networks (SANs)
- Integration of SAN switching capabilities that can help to reduce complexity and increase SAN manageability
- Up to 16 internal fabric ports and up to 8 2GB/4GB/8GB auto-sensing uplinks
Enterprises are deploying high density blade servers and leveraging virtualization technology in order to maximize the benefits of consolidation: reduce capital and operational costs, simplify management complexity, lower power, cooling and space requirements and eliminate cable sprawl. As more applications and servers are virtualized and consolidated on fewer physical servers, IT organizations must deploy computing resources capable of keeping up with workload demands without impacting performance or service levels.
The Dell PowerEdge M1000e-Series Blade Enclosure and Brocade M5424 8 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel Switch combine next-generation blade server and Fibre Channel switch technology to simplify IT complexity and eliminate data center sprawl. The Brocade M5424 simplifies SAN connectivity and delivers substantial cost-savings, improved reliability and better flexibility to address evolving storage requirements for enterprise data centers.
The Brocade M5424 switch and the Dell™ PowerEdge™ M1000e blade enclosure provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability and management of traditional SAN environments.
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with an aggregate bandwidth of 128 Gbit/sec end-to-end
- Optional adaptive networking services, including adaptive fabric quality of service, traffic isolation and ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in virtual environments
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade® M5424 and Dell/EMC storage
- New platform combines with Brocade 8Gb edge switches from Dell to extends the next generation dynamic Data Center Fabric features of Brocade® backbone DCX architecture to the Dell PowerEdge M1000e Chassis.
Fibre Channel Blade Switches:
|Dell Networking Products|
|Fibre Channel Blade Switches|
Dell 8/4 Gbps FC Pass-Through Module
Dell 8/4Gbps FC SAN Module
Brocade M6505 Fibre Channel Switch
Brocade M5424 Blade Switch
Fibre Channel ports
Maximum frame size
Classes of Service
Data Traffic Types
Environmental Operating Conditions
Download the Brocade M5424 Fibre Channel Blade Switch Spec Sheet (PDF).
Download the Dell PowerEdge M Series Blades IO Guide Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.