Dell PowerSwitch E3224F-ON Switch
Built for the network edge
High performance open networking 1GbE and 10GbE switch for modern workloads at the network edge
The Dell PowerSwitch E3224F-ON offers power-efficient and resilient 1GbE and 10GbE switching solution for advanced Layer 3 distribution for offices and campus networks. The switch has high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. Use dual internal hot-swappable 80PLUS Platinum certified power supplies for high availability and power efficiency. The switch offers simple management and scalability.
Modernize edge networking
Modernize your network edge with a power-efficient and resilient 1 and 10GbE switching solution.
Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multichassis Link Aggregation (MLAG)*. E3224F-ON supports MLAG to create active/active loopfree redundancy without spanning tree. Server rooms can deliver reliable server and storage connectivity with features to help save time and avoid configuration errors. E3224F-ON supports VRF-lite*, allowing it to be partitioned into multiple virtual routers with isolated control and data planes on the same physical switch. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, E3224F-ON offers the latest open-standard protocols.
Leverage familiar tools and practices
E3224F-ON supports Dell SmartFabric OS10, designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. E3224F-ON also supports the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), enabling installation of alternate network operating systems.
Deploy with confidence at any scale
E3224F-ON helps create performance assurance with a data rate up to 528Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 733Mpps. Uplink easily with built-in rear high capacity ports.
Note: * Network operating system specific.
Hardware, performance and efficiency
- 1RU switch with 24 line-rate 1GbE ports of copper or fiber, and four integrated 10GbE SFP+ports.
- 400Gbps bandwidth using two 100GbE QSFP28 integrated rear ports.
- Available with dual 80PLUS Platinum certified hot swappable internal power supplies.
- Variable speed fan operation helps decrease cooling and power costs.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) reduces cooling costs
Deploying, configuring and managing*
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline.
- Layer 3 Advanced IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including BGP, VRF, BFD, PIM-SM/DM/SSM, IGMP/MLD, RIPv1/v2, OSPFv2/v3
- VXLAN support in hardware only
Note: * Network operating system specific.
OS10 Options (with pre-installed Dell SmartFabric OS10 10.5.4.1 or later)
|Power cords||C13 to NEMA 5-15, 3M
C13 to C14, 2M
|Power supplies (optional)||
|Optics, Cables and Cable Management||Please refer to Dell Networking Transceivers and Cables spec sheet for complete list of optics and cables|
|Fans (spare)||Fan module, IO to PSU Airflow|
|Network Operating System specifications|
|For Network Operating System (NOS) specific features, refer to Dell SmartFabric OS10 and Enterprise SONiC Distribution by Dell Technologies spec sheets.|
|TAA-compliant, Trade Agreements Act (19 U.S.C. & 2501-2581)|
|Safety and emissions||
|RoHS||Product meets RoHS compliance standards in many countries inclusive of USA, EU, China, and India. For more country-specific RoHS compliance information, please Contact Us.
EU Battery Directive
|Warranty||1 year return to depot constrained**|
IT Lifecycle Services for Networking
Experts, insights and ease
Our highly trained experts, with innovative tools and proven processes, help you transform your IT investments into strategic advantages.
Plan & Design
Let us analyze your multivendor environment and deliver a comprehensive report and action plan to build upon the existing network and improve performance.
Manage & Support
Gain access to technical experts and quickly resolve multivendor networking challenges with ProSupport. Spend less time resolving network issues and more time innovating.
Deploy & Integrate
Get new wired or wireless network technology installed and configured with ProDeploy. Reduce costs, save time, and get up and running fast.
Maximize performance for dynamic IT environments with Dell Optimize. Benefit from in-depth predictive analysis, remote monitoring and a dedicated systems analyst for your network.
Ensure your staff builds the right skills for longterm success. Get certified on Dell Networking technology and learn how to increase performance and optimize infrastructure.
We can help you resell or retire excess hardware while meeting local regulatory guidelines and acting in an environmentally responsible way.
PowerSwitch E3200 Series Model comparison:
|Models (all sized 1RU)||E3224F-ON||E3248P-ON||E3248PXE-ON|
|Overview||High performance open networking 1GbE and 10GbE multigigabit switches for modern workloads at the network edge|
|NPU||Broadcom Trident3-X3||Broadcom Trident3-X5|
|Switch capacity (Gbps)||528||576||1560|
|Forwarding capacity (Mpps)||733||800||2167|
|Buffer size||8 MB||8 MB||32 MB|
|10GBase-T Multigig (1/2.5/5/10G)||—||—||48|
|100GbE (QSFP28)||2 (Rear side)|
|Power-over-Ethernet ports||—||48x 802.3at (30W) PoE||48x 802.3bt Type-4 (90W) PoE|
|Power and cooling|
|Max power consumption (watts)||230||1683||4869|
|Internal power supplies||2 hot swappable redundant power supplies. 1 PSU included, 2nd PSU optional.|
|Redundant power550W AC||550W AC||1050W AC||1600W AC|
|Airflow||I/O to power supply. Supports field replaceable fans with N+1 redundancy|
|Operating Systems||Dell SmartFabric OS10||Enterprise SONiC Distribution by Dell Technologies|
|VLAN support||Voice VLAN, Private Edge, Protocol and MAC-based, GVRP, 802.11x, Auto VLAN|
|Layer 2 and 3||Layer 3 Advanced|
|Jumbo frames||9216 bytes|
|IPv4/IPv6 routing||IPv4 and IPv6 functionality including BGP, VRF, BFD, OSPFv2/v3|
|Multicast routing||PIM-SM, PIM-DM, PIM-SSM|
|Rapid Deployment||Deploy switch configuration files and firmware updates by simply inserting a USB device|
|Management and security|
|Switch security||AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support. Port security 802.1x in N3248PXE, N3248X, N3248TE, E3248PXE , E3248P. MACsec support in E3248PXE-ON, N3248PXE-ON|
|Management||CLI via console, Telnet or serial connection|
Download the Dell PowerSwitch E3224F-ON Datasheet (PDF).
Download the Dell PowerSwitch E3200-ON Series Specsheet (PDF).
Download the Dell Edge & Campus Networking Quick Reference Guide (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.